Technology -About ClO2
- Strongest selective oxidizer ever discovered or developed.
- Inactivates chemicals responsible for the worlds worst odors.
- 2.6X more oxidative than bleach, yet safe for all surfaces at prescribed levels.
- Fast oxidative reaction time – within seconds.
- It’s a gas – gets where humans usually can’t reach.
Safest for humans, animals and environment
- Minimal personal protective equipment (PPE) needed at prescribed levels.
- Selective oxidizer – it selects electron rich targets.
- Non persistent – it leaves behind no harsh chemicals or odors.
- Non mutagenic – it rapidly alters chemistry.
- Green product – it meets the 12 principals of green chemistry
How does ClO2Work?
ClO2 steals electrons. This is commonly called oxidation. Oxidation is a reaction.
By stealing an electron it fundamentally changes the donor which can no longer exist.
The oxidation proceeds in a domino fashion, happening very quickly; usually in under 60 seconds.
Don’t be fooled
Since transporting chlorine dioxide is governed by several DOT restrictions most suppliers of ClO2 provide simply a chlorite source and not actual chlorine dioxide. This is normally in the form of sodium chlorite (NaClO2).
Only Whiff! provides you with actual chlorine dioxide on-demand.