How is the system used to hygienically clean and deodorize a space?
Simply hang the Portable RedOx Unit (PRU), plug it in to a typical wall outlet and press the red button to instantly begin making chlorine dioxide. Place the output hose into the Hi-Performance Fogger and fill with as much as you need. Then dispense the chlorine dioxide and you are done. There is no need to wipe down anything.
How long does the Whiff! system last before you have to purchase more?
Whiff! gives you the ability to make 3,840 ounces (30 gallons) of pure pH neutral aqueous chlorine dioxide. We use ounces because so little product is needed to give you maximum benefit. Example: it only takes 10 ounces to treat 1000 square feet of space.
What is the shelf life of Whiff!?
The Whiff! system has a shelf life of three (3) years if not used. Once the system has been used it should become part of your cleaning and deodorizing protocol. Expected life is dependent upon individual usage. Remember, you are using the system to make the chlorine dioxide fresh whenever you need it. Once the chlorine dioxide is made, you should put it in a device and use it that same day. Tomorrow morning, make it fresh again.
Isn’t chlorine dioxide a gas?
Yes, chlorine dioxide is a gas but the gas is in water. You can explore this by putting some of the output of the Whiff! unit into a clear glass. It is neon green-yellow! If you set the glass on a table, within a few hours you will see the color fade, until it is just a pure glass of water. Over time the chlorine dioxide leaves the water as it finds things to react with.
Do I need to use a towel to wipe any surfaces?
No. Since Whiff! chlorine dioxide is a gas in water, once you spray or fog the solution, the gas leaves the water and does it’s job, and then it is gone. There is nothing left to wipe up. You may wipe up any excess liquid if necessary for overspray.
Is it safe?
Yes, it is extremely safe for humans, animals and the environment. Chlorine dioxide is known as a “selective oxidizer”. It loves electron rich pathogens. Minimal personal protective equipment is needed while making or dispensing Whiff!
Is it safe for all surfaces?
All surfaces are suitable for hygienically cleaning and deodorizing with Whiff!. Take care to not over apply the product on sensitive areas where you would not normally spray a water based product. There is no need to cover or put anything away. Simply fog the area you are trying to treat and go!
Does it leave any harsh odors or chemicals behind?
No. Chlorine dioxide inactivates or oxidizes other chemicals. There are zero harsh chemicals or odors left behind to effect humans, animals or the environment.
Is it safe for the environment?
Yes! The Whiff! chlorine dioxide system adheres to all of the 12 principles of a green chemistry and is extremely safe for the environment, humans and animals.
Is chlorine dioxide similar to the chlorine I put in my pool?
No. There are many types of chemicals and compounds that contain the name chlorine. Table salt is chemically called Sodium Chloride (NaCl). Pool chlorine is Sodium Hypochlorite or Hypochlorous Acid. We do not use these versions of chlorine. Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is not chlorine as many people understand chlorine to be defined. In our molecule it is the ability of the molecule to capture 5 electrons that does the work, not the chlorine. This is why it is considered a “pristine” molecule, it never gives up it’s chlorine.
Is the ReliOx technology patented?
Yes! We currently have six patents on the technology.
1. US Patent # 7964138
2. US Patent # 8323653
3. US Patent # 9365424
4. US Patent # 9393558
5. US Patent # 9815051
6. US Patent # 10307497